Who to Call...

A big part of Creating a Clean Water Future is about being an informed and involved member of the community. If you see or experience a problem with sewage, sediment or trash in your area waterways, contacting local organizations and associations that oversee or monitor water quality, stormwater, litter, or other environmental issues is the first step in finding a solution.


Mobile Baykeeper's Report a Concern page is one place to report something amiss in your neighborhood. You can also send pictures.

Keep Mobile Beautiful runs the Litterbug Hotline, a place to report littering from a vehicle. See instructions at the site and take a look at the recycling services and information they offer. Report Littering From a Vehicle! - Call #KMB (#562) or 208-6025.

The City of Mobile has multiple resources: the 311 website (or call 311) tracks all calls and will help route your concern to the right place. And city schedules for trash collection and other services are also listed at the city website. And the city's new website for Stormwater Management will be a growing resource for stormwater issues.

Mobile County also provides residents a Litter / Environmental Enforcement Department for reporting problems - 251 574-7867.

Mobile County Public Health Dept has an Environmental Division dealing with septic and sewer issues that takes complaints about onsite sewage problems. You can call them at (251) 634-9801

Baldwin County

The Baldwin County Citizen Service Call Center fields calls of all sort, 251-580-1655.

The Baldwin County Health Dept's Environmental Office has information on septic systems and recycling.


Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM) has an online form where a report can be made as well as printable form you can email, fax or send through the postal service. Mobile Environmental Field Office: 251450-3400.

How to Report Pollution to ADEM (PDF) is a brochure from the Alabama Rivers Alliance.


The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has lots of resources for reporting concerns or getting information, for both citizens and city, county and state officials. The EPA also lists other agencies or entities that can handle some environmental concerns that they do not. 1-800-241-1795

The US Army Corps of Engineers, Mobile District 251-690-2777